28 December, 2009

The beginning...


I’ll be the first to admit, this is intimidating. When Rania mentioned doing a blog last month, I was more than excited about it, but when it actually came time to begin the writing, I found myself staring at a blank page, waiting for my thoughts to articulate themselves. Now it’s nearing the New Year and I promised Rania I would have my first blog entry ready. New year, new blog she said.

It’s impossible to say what this blog will really turn out to be, but we have some basic ideas of what we’d like. Rania and I have recently followed a similar path: we both lived in New York for years, enjoying a blissful downtown, indie rock life. We had a lot of fun, drank a lot of martinis, wore mini skirts year-round, danced to many an 80s song. Only recently did we leave both leave behind the urban landscape we came to call home, Rania moving to the North fork on Long Island to enjoy a laid-back life of surfing and swimming with her husband Jason, and me moving to a beach-front home on the Connecticut coast, where I live a low-key sun n’ sand life with my partner Dan. It’s completely different from living in New York. This blog is supposed to be about just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment