15 September, 2011

Carrie finds her voice

Anyone who knows me well knows that if there's one thing I love, it's indie rock. I could not be more excited about the new Wild Flag album that just dropped on Tuesday. Wild Flag is a "supergroup" (I don't really like that term, but I do think they're super, so I'll use it in this instance only), featuring Carrie Brownstein and Janet Weiss (ex-Sleater Kinney), Mary Timony (ex-Helium), and some girl named Rebecca Cole, who I've never heard of before. I've been an S-K fan for years; I've probably seen them live about 25 times, and I was really crushed when they split up. Now I'm thinking it was a smart move because Wild Flag is kinda like S-K's grown up sister -- musically, the sound is much more rounded, and Carrie Brownstein has really learned how to sing. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment